Reopening Guide for June 13th
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And lest us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
We are excited to be returning to a time when we can focus, not just on surviving, but on thriving as God’s people on God’s mission. With that in mind, we have planned to restart (and modify) many of the ministry offerings that were present before the shutdowns in March 2020. We encourage you to read this guide thoroughly and pay attention to some pivotal changes as we seek to move into a fruitful and exhilarating summer at VCL.
On June 13th, the following changes will take place:
- [Updated 6/11/21] While we understand the CDC’s guidance for unvaccinated individuals, we also recognize that different folks in our congregation are in different places about vaccines. The elders’ position is that we want our people to take the guidance seriously but to ultimately make the decision they deem best before the Lord and in consultation with their healthcare provider. We will not be checking vaccination cards or enforcing masks for unvaccinated individuals. The final word, then, is this: masks are now optional at VCL. Click here for more on how to think about the vaccine.
- Social distancing will not be enforced.
- All VCL rooms will be open for approved activities.
- Food related activities will be allowed again.
First Hour (Hour in the Word)
- First hour activities will begin at 9am and end at 10am.
- The welcome center will open at 10 am. Coffee and snacks will be available from 8:50-9am in the Great Room.
- All those not serving are asked to participate in Bible study.
- Ministries during Hour in the Word will include:
- Nursery and 2s and 3s
- Catechism Connection, ages 4-11(room 104)
- Bible Study (Great Room, see schedule below). Youth are encouraged to join this study.
- Abundant Life to begin Fall 2021.
The Worship Service
- The sanctuary will be open to the congregation at 10:15am. The service will begin at 10:30am.
- All congregants not serving should be in the sanctuary (not the foyer) during the worship service.
- Children during the worship service:
- Nursery and 2s and 3s will be operating.
- Children ages 4+ will worship with their parents. More on this decision can be found here. Parents are encouraged to use the foyer as a “reset” space when needed.
- All congregants are asked to support and aid the families around them.
After the Service
- The welcome center will be open.
- Families with children may use rooms 101 and 103 while supervising their children.
Bible Study Schedule Summer 2021
|June 13th||Emmanuel Gatete: How to pray for Rwanda|
|June 20th -September 12th||The Basics of Faith in Christ: What Christians Believe (Jim Stamoolis and Pastor Casey)|
|June 20th||Lesson One: The God I Believe in: What do Christians believe about God?|
|June 27th||Lesson Two: Creator of Heaven and Earth: What do Christians believe about creation?|
|July 4th||First, Prayer|
|July 11th||Lesson Three: God has a Son: What do Christians believe about Jesus’ divinity?|
|July 18th||Lesson Four: Born of a Virgin: What do Christians believe about Jesus’ humanity?|
|July 25th||Lesson Five: The Suffering Servant: What do Christians believe about Jesus’ life and death?|
|August 1st||First, Prayer|
|August 8th||Lesson Six: Up from the Grave He Arose: What do Christians believe about the Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus?|
|August 15th||Lesson Seven: The Comforter: What do Christians believe about the Holy Spirit?|
|August 22nd||Lesson Eight: One God, one People: What do Christians believe about the Church?|
|August 29th||Lesson Nine: Forgiven and Free: What do Christians believe about salvation?|
|September 5th||First, prayer|
|September 12th||Lesson Ten: Life Everlasting: What do Christians believe about the destiny of the universe?|