Worship Service – 10:30 AM
Worship draws God’s people together and gives us one voice to celebrate the Lord’s character and blessings. The way we worship reflects the unique personality of our church. At Village Church this is what you can expect:
- Each service focuses on one theme—one of the Lord’s attributes or gifts to us. All the elements of the service zero in creatively on that one idea. No two services are ever alike.
- Our music, and all the other elements in worship, reflects the wide range of people at VCL. We often say, “We paint with the colors God gives us.” We do not try to make our music traditional, contemporary or blended. Instead, we want to use as many of our people as we can. You might hear an upbeat worship band or a string quartet, hymns in four-part harmony or one of your favorite praise songs. We have at least four distinct worship teams plus other soloists and ensembles. Some Sundays we have a choir or an orchestra. We also love to hear Scripture, read well. At least once a month we invite a finish-the-sentence congregational sharing. For example, “One Bible verse that I think of in trouble is…” And we always pray, often in several different ways.
- There is a kind of comfortable family feel in our services. We do not plan every minute and we love the prayer, “Lord, do something this morning that isn’t in the bulletin.”
- We have Communion about once a month.
- Preaching is a main reason we come together. We want to hear what God says to us from his Word. Every sermon takes you deep into one passage of Scripture and then takes that Scripture deep into your life. Typically, our pastors preach through a section of the Bible—a book or several chapters. Occasionally, we will study a topic like work or compassion, but each Sunday will focus on one passage.
- Our services last between 75 and 90 minutes. Elementary aged children are usually dismissed about half way through the service for their own age-graded learning time.
- We are congregation that welcomes and values children. Our adult and teen volunteers are committed to helping children come to know Jesus as Savior and to grow in their walk with Him. Go here to learn more about childcare at Village Church.
Listen to a Recent Sermon:
Pastor Lee Eclov preaches from Hebrews 13:2 in our “What to Give for Christmas” sermon series.
Pastor Jamie Morrison preaches from Matthew 18 in our “What to Give for Christmas” sermon series.
Pastor Lee Eclov preaches from Jude 24-25 in our “Never Stumble” sermon series.
Pastor Lee Eclov preaches from Jude 17-22 in our “Never Stumble” sermon series.
Pastor Lee Eclov preaches from 2 Peter 3:14-18 in our “Never Stumble” sermon series.
Pastor Lee Eclov preaches from 2 Peter 3:1-13 in our “Never Stumble” sermon series.