Come fellowship with us, and don’t forget to grab a morning cup of coffee!
We have two great connection options for our adults, as well as youth gatherings.
Greater Things Class
Studying the Bible can be hard, but this gathering on Sunday mornings tries to make it fun. We need the whole family of God to read Scripture together, and that’s what you’ll find happening in our morning session. There’s discussion, brainstorming, and working together to interpret the Bible together. The class is a mix of Trinity students, singles, parents with young families, older couples, and college professors. It’s a fun, multigenerational mix, which honors each person individually while also celebrating our different perspectives and cultures as a family strength.
We meet in the Great Room Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m. The class is facilitated by Pastor Jamie Morrison, but don’t be surprised to meet guest teachers or to have a team of teachers go through a series together. The Greater Things Class is about collaboration and exploration, while having fun.
Abundant Life Class
“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
The “Abundant Life” is a co-leader led group discussion class that has the goal of maturing Disciples of Christ. Each week, the leaders present a topic, a reading from a chosen book or a Scripture passage on a point of theology or tenet of the faith and then facilitate a time of discussion among group members on their thoughts, feelings, beliefs, experiences, hopes and questions. Freedom is given for lively discussion in order for attenders to be challenged and grow. It is hoped that this discussion time would be “iron sharpening iron” and believers would grow deeper in their surrender to Christ and in their relationships with brothers and sisters in the body.
Middle School and Senior High
Our students gather in one class for a time of prayer, sharing, and devotional reading. We use Sunday mornings for checking in personally with one another, and a serious Bible study or lesson happens on Wednesday evenings during Youth Group.
Village Church is a congregation that welcomes and values children. Our adult and teen volunteers are committed to helping children come to know Jesus as Savior and to grow in their walk with Him.
Worship draws God’s people together and gives us one voice to celebrate the Lord’s character and blessings. The way we worship reflects the unique personality of our church. At Village Church this is what you can expect:
- Each service focuses on one theme—one of the Lord’s attributes or gifts to us. All the elements of the service zero in creatively on that one idea. No two services are ever alike.
- Our music, and all the other elements in worship, reflects the wide range of people at VCL. We often say, “We paint with the colors God gives us.” We do not try to make our music traditional, contemporary or blended. Instead, we want to use as many of our people as we can. You might hear an upbeat worship band or a string quartet, hymns in four-part harmony or one of your favorite praise songs.
- There is a kind of comfortable family feel in our services. We do not plan every minute and we love the prayer, “Lord, do something this morning that isn’t in the bulletin.”
- We have Communion about once a month.
- Preaching is a main reason we come together. We want to hear what God says to us from his Word. Every sermon takes you deep into one passage of Scripture and then takes that Scripture deep into your life. Typically, our pastors preach through a section of the Bible—a book or several chapters. Occasionally, we will study a topic like work or compassion, but each Sunday will focus on one passage.
- Except on Communion Sunday, children age 4 through third grade are dismissed about half way through the service for their own age-graded learning time.