Being a teenager isn’t easy in this world, with both its rich and wonderful possibilities as a creation of God, and its broken, fallen state as a result of human sin. Teenagers wrestle with both sides of this tension inside and outside of themselves, as they begin to discover, identify, and develop their personalities, abilities, and goals in their families, schools, and neighborhoods.
Teenagers are dependent on God and the Bible, just like their parents. And they, like their parents, need to be built into the church, the earthly home of God’s people. With the whole congregation, we want our teenagers to be a part of a healthy family of God-holy, loving, servant-hearted, where each and all of us are eager to shine the light of Christ into darkened hearts and places.
So, our youth group is also a place where we take the care of souls seriously.
- We foster a strong sense of identity as God’s family.
- We believe each person matters.
- We are sensitive to matters of nurture and spiritual safety.
- We will be a church that seeks not only to be friendly, but to make friends.
And our practices in youth group also reflect that our larger church family.
- Shared worship and biblical instruction, built around the people God brings to us.
- Opportunities for service as a youth group and with the larger congregation.
- Relationships with unbelievers.
Currently, our youth group consists of both Middle School and High School students from several different schools. We meet on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30, and on Sunday mornings during the First Hour Connections at 9:15-10:15. We always have a time for games and hangout, a study rooted in Scripture, and prayer and worship.
Important Dates for 2020:
Group Sledding Trip – Saturday, February 15th from 11am-1pm.
Boys Night/Girls Night – Friday, March 27th from 6:30-9:00 pm.
Church Service Project – Saturday, April 18th, from 10:00am-2pm.
Seis De Mayo Party – Wednesday, May 6th, from 6:30-8:30pm.
Youth Day Trip – Friday, June 19th.